WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information in this policy includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form such as: age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, opinions, evaluations, social status, disciplinary actions, employee files, credit records.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information through the use of our services, such as the complete management of short-term and long-term rental properties, and commercial cleaning (“Services”), and through our websites located at https://www.breathevacationrentals.com (“Websites”). We collect personal information from third-parties only as required to provide Services. For a list of our third-party service providers, see below. We may also collect publically available information, such as reviews of our premises posted on a third-party website.
We collect personal information using cookies on our Websites. Cookies are small files placed on your digital devices to track how you use the Websites. This helps us improve your user experience and save your preferences. You may block cookies, but it can affect the way our Websites works on your digital asset or device.
We use functional cookies that are required for the use of the platform, including, but not limited to:
Our website contains links to other websites that collect your personal information. We strongly encourage you to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect about you or have access to include:
- IP address;
- home address;
- email address;
- phone number;
- payment information;
- data related to the way you use Breathebnb’s Websites; or
- other information that we need to provide our Services to you.
WHY WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use, and disclose personal information to provide our Services to you. Our reasons for collection include:
- to establish and maintain relationships with you such as hosting on AirBNB, leasing properties, or cleaning commercial properties;
- to contact you for evaluating our Services, or updating you on changes to our practices and procedures, or to respond to inquiries through our Websites;
- to distribute publications or updates to our mailing list subscribers in accordance with applicable electronic commercial communication laws and regulations;
- to detect and protect against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity; and
- as permitted by, and to comply with, applicable laws.
We collect only the necessary personal information to provide the Service and retain it only as long as needed to perform the Service or as required by law.
Your Personal Information and Third-Party Service Providers
We use third-party software and services. We ensure that those providers maintain substantially equivalent privacy protections and practices.
Some of our third-party service providers include:
- Gmail: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- WordPress: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- Guesty Property Management Software: https://privacy.guesty.com/
- Breezeway: https://www.breezeway.io/privacy
WHO HAS ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our employees and contractors (“Personnel”) have access to your personal information only as required to perform their duties. We take steps to ensure security and limit access to personal information.
In the event of an emergency or where our Services are requested onsite, we may require immediate access to the premises. You acknowledge that any personal information may be accessible by our Personnel if left unattended in the premises.
We protect personal information in our control from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration by using technical, physical and administrative methods. We ensure that all Personnel complete training related to the security of personal information. We take appropriate steps to ensure our contractors, including third-party service providers, have privacy policies in place when they may have access to personal information.
However, you acknowledge that no one security system is impenetrable. By sharing your personal information with us, your personal information may be at risk should an external party breach our systems. As required by law, we will inform you of any breaches which create a reasonable risk of harm to you.
YOUR RIGHTS TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE POSSESS ABOUT YOU
Breathe Vacation Rentals encourages you to inform yourself of your personal information protection rights. Breathe Vacation Rentals recognizes that you are entitled to the following rights:
- You have the right to request copies of your personal information.
- You have the right to request that we correct or add information to your file if any personal information about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to know when your personal information has been breached, and there is a real risk of significant harm.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to our retention requirements under the law. For example, tax information is retained for 6 years.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time from our collection or use of your personal information.
- You have the right to request that we transfer your personal information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address located below at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to review or correct your personal information we have on file, or have any other concerns regarding your privacy rights, please send a written request to:
We will respond to your written request within 30 days and may require personal information to authenticate you.
If you feel we have not met our legal obligations under this policy or applicable laws, please contact our Privacy Officer.
If you are unsatisfied with the resolution, you may make a formal complaint to:
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada: https://www.priv.gc.ca/; or
- Commission d’accèss à l’information du Québec: https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca.